Velleman Vertex K8400 – a 3D printer in construction, the electronics company Velleman is a Belgian company that has been in the industry for 40 years and launched its first 3D printer K8200 in 2013.
Velleman K8400 is their latest kit, which includes the ability to use 2 printheads. With high-quality printing, this machine gives a lot of value to anyone with knowledge and previous experience of managing a 3D printer at a built-in .
The Velleman Vertex K8400 chassis is straight through transparent and made of robust plastic, considering the low price, this is nothing surprising.
In spite of the low price, the Buildtak construction platform, which is also removable, is included, this construction platform is specially designed to improve the fitting of your prints.
If you want to use 2 printheads, this is possible when upgrading. You will then be able to print in different colors or use different materials through the machine’s 0.35 nozzles.
Filament and Material
Material that Velleman Vertex K8400 can write is both ABS and PLA filament as standard, but as with many other machines there are also more materials available if you are curious, we recommend reading more on Velleman .
The machine is open source and you have access to using the Repetier, CuraEngine and Slic3r programs, last but not least, the machine is also compatible with RepRap .
We would like to start by mentioning that this 3D printer fits best for people who have experience with 3D printers before, when you assemble yourself and adjust the machine before it’s ready to start building. You get a lot of value for money if you are good at putting together machines and do not mind a high level of noise when printing. A good build volume for high quality prints at high precision at a low price!
- Number of 3D printheads: 1 (upgradeable to 2)
- 3D typing method: FFF
- Construction speed: 30 mm / s – 120 mm / s
- Material support: PLA, ABS
- Material Dimension: 1.75 mm
- Bearing thickness: max: 0.2 mm – min: 0.05 mm
- Nozzle: 0.35mm
- Building platform: Buildtak plate, 215 x 240 mm, (removable)
- Flow temperature: 270 ° C
- Connections: USB 2.0 or SD card
- Construction volume (WxDxH): 180 x 200 x 190 mm
- Machine Size (WxDxH):
- Writing program: Rehearsals – CuraEngine – Slic3r (RepRap compatible)
- Operating System: Windows Vista / 7/8/10 and Mac OS X 10.6 +
- Machine weight: 10 kg