The Polyes Q1 3D Printing Pen is a futuristic pen made by Future Make. The pen uses a unique technology and has a number of innovative features that make it one of the best 3D pens on the market. First off, the pen uses a photopolymer instead of a filament. A photopolymer is a material thatís solidified by an LED light. The material does not smell when itís melted.
The technology used to cure this photo-sensitive resin is known as stereolithography technology. 3d pieces designed by this pen take a short time to be stable and stand on their own.
Apart from the pen being reliable, its safety features make it the best 3D pen for kids. Unlike most 3D pens that use a plastic-like material (ABS or PLA) as the writing medium, this one uses a photo-polymer liquid. The liquid resin is easily solidified by the UV light at the tip of the pen as itís extruded from the penís nozzle.
Polyes Q1 3D Pen Specifications
- Product Size: 224*40*26mm
- Max Consumption: 5.5W
- Ink type: Uses photopolymer that is solidified by an LED light
- Best Working Temperature: 10C-30C Best Working
- Usage Time: 1.5-2 hours charging time
- Working Life: 2 years (under suitable environment)
- Storage Life: 5 years(under suitable environment)
Polyes Q1 3D Pen Review
In this Polyes Q1 3D pen review, we look at the main features of the pen.
Most 3D pens have to be powered using cords as you continue your art creation. However, this is not the case with the Polyes Q1 3D.
The Polyes 3d pen is powered by an internal battery. Therefore, it is a flexible and portable 3D pen that any art enthusiast would love.
The 3D pen has a rechargeable battery. Therefore, you will not have to replace the battery frequently.
On continuous use, the battery can last up to 5 hours. On the other hand, when in standby mode, it can even last 5 days.
The Polyes Q1 pen has a USB port. Therefore, you can charge it from your laptop when there is no power.
The 3D printing pen is slender and easy to grip on your hands. Therefore, it can be used by artists from any age group. The design also makes accessing the photopolymer cartridge for replacement easy. You will not take more than 10 seconds to replace the cartridge.
Most 3D pens on the market use PLA or ABS filament. However, the Polyes pen uses a photopolymer. This is a form of ëinkí thatís sensitive to LED light that emanates from the tip of the pen.
The photopolymer passes through the LED light on the tip when a button is pressed. The LED light cures the photopolymer and makes your design stable.
Speed Control Button
The Polyes Q1 3D pen has a speed control button for regulating the photopolymer extrusion. When you can control the photopolymer extrusion, it is easier to be more accurate and get intricate details on your designs.
The speed control button also makes it easy for kids to use the pen.
The Integrated Button
This feature makes the Polyes 3D Pen more user-friendly than other 3D pens. The button is easily accessible and allows you to easily switch the drawing mode to your preference.
Tilted Tilt Sensor for Child Safety
The Polyes Q1 3D pen features a tilt sensor. When you tilt the pen to more than the minimum angle or place it facing up, the tilt sensor turns off the LED light automatically. The sensor reduces the risk of your child pointing the UV light directly on their eyes, which can be dangerous.
Various Types of Inks
The pen uses different types of inks. You can use the ordinary transparent type, glow-in-the-dark, aromatic ink, eco-friendly ink, colors of the rainbow or even temperature changing ink. This feature provides unlimited possibilities when making 3D objects using the Polyes Q1 3D pen.
Polyes Q1 vs CreoPop 3D Pen
Polyes Q1 and CreoPop 3D pen both use photopolymer inks rather than PLA or ABS filaments to print 3D models. But how do the two pens compare? Check this Polyes Q1 vs. CreoPop 3D pen comparison table to see them head-to-head:[table “4” not found /]
Pros for Polyes Q1 3D Printing Pen
The Polyes 3D printing pen is designed with the future artists in mind and topples the other 3D pens in the market becauseÖ
- This pen does not get hot during operation like other 3D pens. This ensures there is no unpleasant melting plastic odors and the risk of burns. Therefore, the pen safe for kids even when used in closed up rooms.
- The safety feature of the pen is a tilt sensor that automatically turns off the UV lights when tilted to a certain angle. This makes the pen safe for use by children.
- It has a sleek and compact design that makes it easy to hold and work with
- It has integrated control buttons that enable you to be in control of your drawing or writing
- The speed control buttons are especially important for kids who are just learning to use the pen. They can control the speed of the flow and therefore control the advancement of their project.
- The pen can be used by both adults and children and is, therefore, an excellent opportunity to spend quality time with your family
- This pen is safe for the environment
Cons of the Polyes Q1 3D Pen
- The sleek design is not comfortable for kids with small hands
- The pen uses cartridges which can continuously run for about 35 minutes or less. If you are printing a big project, you would have to refill the cartridge multiple times.
- The quality of 3D model made from ABS plastic and those from photopolymer are different. ABS 3D builds tends to be much harder than photopolymer ones.
- Even though the pen allows you to use ink resin of different colors, it comes packaged with a very limited number of colors. You have to purchase more resin colors separately.
The drawing process with this pen is safe and much fun because of the photo-polymer material that the pen uses as ink instead of PLA or ABS. There is a minimal chance of this ink carelessly leaking since it is immediately dried by a UV light.
The liquid resin that the pen uses as a writing media is contained in an easy-to-replace ink cartridge. All you need to do is to push and then twist a designated button and the replacement will be complete.
This pen comes in attractive models of blue light and UV. The main concern about UV light 3D pens is the risk of the light on the eyes. This pen has addressed this issue by its inbuilt tilt sensor that automatically turns off the LED light when the pen is tilted beyond a certain angle. This ensures that curious children are not at risk of being harmed by the UV light.
The Polyes Q1 3D Printing Pen is one of the best 3D pens for kids. The easily accessible buttons make the pen easy to use while the rechargeable battery makes it cost effective for long-term use. The pen has a USB port from where you can recharge the battery.
The Polyes Q1 3D pen is portable and you can go with it wherever your artistic mind directs you. Moreover, you can choose the type of ink you prefer for your project.
You can never go wrong in investing in this 3D pen. It is versatile, reliable and easy to use. This is the best 3D pen that can help develop creativity in children and enable you to spend quality time with your family.